NEXT WEEK IS.......
National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW) beginning on Dec. 4th through Dec. 10th. If you haven't already received your vaccination, please do. Particularly if you are at high risk, which includes young children, pregnant women, people with certain chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes, heart disease or lung disease, and people aged 65 years and older. If you fall into any of those high risk categories, contact your health provider and schedule an appointment to receive your vaccination.
According to the most recent data for the Center for Disease Control (CDC), there were 4,605 fatalities associated with influenza and respiratory complications. Thus it is important to get vaccinated and practice other healthy prevention methods like:
• Staying home when ill to prevent the spread
• Staying an arms length away from people who show symptoms
• Frequently washing your hands in warm soapy water for 20 seconds or more
• Washing your hand prior to eating meals
• Using hand sanitizer when soapy water is unavailable
• Using tissues or your inner elbow to block the spread of coughs and sneezes
• Keeping your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth (as these are the mucous receivers or bodily entry points)
To learn more about NIVW click here.
To learn more about preparedness measures or to schedule a presentation, safety walk, tabletop exercise or general consultation with HT2, please Click Here!